Thursday, February 21, 2019

Denise- On Your Birthday – April 2018

Denise- On Your Birthday – April 2018


On your birthday, I want you to know how much I love you and how much I appreciate you!! I know I don't say that often enough, but I truly do. Waking every morning and seeing you on my left side makes me smile telling me the day will be a good day. I look forward to hearing the buzz of your wheelchair at about 9;30 knowing you will soon be rolling out saying ' good morning' as you join me at my PC. I love hearing about dreams you might have had that night. Joining you in the kitchen and doing the Jumble has to be 1 of the highlights of my days.

I'm still amazed and impressed by your word skills and your adeptness at Scrabble, Jeopardy, Trivia etc. Watching Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune with you is another highlight of my day. While I often feel bad about watching TV instead of talking with you, there's something about watching TV with you that feels peaceful and very OK. I treasure the times we go to the Hudson Bay Cafe together – you with your latte with almond syrup and me with my mocha and almond milk. The conversations we have there mean so much to me.

On your birthday, I want you to know how much your writings mean to so many people and to me. You are a GREAT writer! Your writing moves me so much. You put into words feelings I have but cannot express. Your wonderful sense of humor and wit shines through your writings.

I also want you to know how much I love and appreciate you caring so much about David and me and our home. While I was away working, I was always aware and very grateful that you were doing the hard part – raising David and taking care of our home. We have a beautiful home and a beautiful life because of you! Yes, I know I get angry and frustrated when you try to help when I choke or try doing something I am no longer able to do. Please understand I am not mad at you and that I genuinely appreciate your concern for me.

You are and have always been beautiful! I've always loved looking at you, touching you and feeling you – especially your legs! WOW! I am sure you will always keep your inner as well as outer beauty.

Thank you for helping me see, hear, and touch beauty. Thank you for helping me learn to feel. Thank you for giving me life only imaginable in fairy tales. As we continue this wonderful ride into our golden years, may we always appreciate what we have and the wonders that life offers

Happy birthday and many many more!

Go Go Go!

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment