Saturday, February 23, 2019

Re-Assessing My Work - May 2017

Re-Assessing My Work - May 2017

With all that is going on in Washington DC, and as my progressing disability seems to be requiring more and more of my attention, I've re-prioritized the work Abilicorp, and I will be focusing on.

Wells Fargo and the Disability Financial Management App
In the current political environment, I don't see Social Security changing their definition of disability and thus eliminating work disincentives for people with disabilities any time soon. There is a need for easily accessible software that can guide people with disabilities and their family and friends through the labyrinth of agencies, rules, regulations and financial instruments that is required to adequately manage and maximize one's finances. I am thrilled to be working part-time with a team at Wells Fargo. This summer, we will be evaluating the effort required to build, promote and maintain the Disability Financial Management App

The Community Independent Living Fund
Eliminating federally regulated work disincentives for people with disabilities remains a high priority for me. Believing there's always a way to achieve one's goal, I've been thinking of ways to ensure workers with disabilities can receive services they need, cut healthcare costs for everyone and leave Social Security as a safety net for people who indeed cannot work. Please read the Community Independent Living Fund and give me feedback.

I-Love-Fresh-Food
Ensuring my son's new mobile food service business continues to grow has become a priority. David Jacobson is an excellent chef. He cooks fresh organic food in a wood oven stove that he brings to events and parties throughout the San Francisco / Bay Area. Check out I-Love-Fresh-Food

CareerACCESS
The World Institute on Disability continues to work diligently finding states willing and able to pilot CareerACCESS. Piloting an employment services program that ensures each participant, working with a career coach, will receive the services, training, and encouragement they need to build and continually grow their careers. Showing pilots successes should convince Congress and Social Security to change their old definition of disability. CareerACCESS has been the main focus of my work for the last four years. It is exhilarating to know there are great people at WID and in states throughout the U.S. who will now take CareerACCESS to its next level.

Living with Cerebral Palsy, Go! Go! Go!
One of my best friend and a great theologian, Ched Myers, always tells me we are here to tell our story. Recognizing that Denise Jacobson is undeniably the writer in our family, I nevertheless feel the urge to document the unbelievably exciting wonderful life I have. If not now, when?

Please let me know if you have any questions or advice about any of these projects.

Go! Go! Go!

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment